Law Offices of David Lowe | California Workers Compensation Lawyer


When you are injured while doing your job in the State of California, you should know that you can access Workers’ Compensation (WC) benefits. There are several benefits, and it is important to understand what you are eligible for. One type of compensation benefit you may receive is Temporary Disability (TTD) benefits.

After sustaining an injury, you may receive temporary disability benefits. According to the State of California Department of Industrial Relations, you can generally receive temporary benefits if you have to take time off work to recover. There are two types of temporary benefits you can receive. If you are able to do modified or restricted work while you recover, that is when you generally receive temporary partial disability benefits.

Sometimes, however, you may not be able to do any modified or restricted work while you recover. In this situation, you are generally eligible for temporary total disability (TTD) benefits. You usually receive these payments within two weeks of your injury. If you continue to work for a period after your injury, and eventually your doctor gives you disability and takes you off work, you will usually get your first payment two weeks later. temporary disability benefits are not, these are generally around two-thirds of your weekly wages.

The amount you receive may also depend on the date your injury was incurred. There are several factors that can make it difficult to determine how much you will receive, plus your income can also fluctuate depending on the season or activity you do, a claims administrator generally considers all of these factors to decide how much you should receive as payment.

If you were injured at work and are in any of these cases, it is very likely that you will need legal advice or representation to obtain the benefits to which you are entitled, so it is advisable to contact a lawyer dedicated to compensation cases at worker (Workers’ Comp). This article is not intended to serve as legal advice. It is for informational purposes only.